Each year the Zetas of Charlotte make a financial contribution through the Sarah Scott Schofield scholarship to help students achieve their academic dreams at colleges and universities, primarily in the Carolinas. Established in 2003, the scholarship program recognizes the achievements and potential of high school seniors in Mecklenburg County. The scholarship has been named to commemorate Soror Sarah Scott Schofield, a charter member of the Delta Zeta Chapter. Through her career as an educator, Soror Schofield worked faithfully and tirelessly to help young people succeed in school. We honor her memory and life's work by continuing her legacy of helping other young students excel in education. We are proud to say that in the past ten years, the Zetas of Charlotte have awarded over $70,000 in college scholarships
REQUIRED CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION
• Applicant must demonstrate a financial need.
• Applicant is required to list other financial aid that has been applied/received.
• Applicant must possess a 2.5 or above cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) weighted.
• Applicant must be a resident of Mecklenburg County.
• Applicant must submit an official high school transcript and a letter of acceptance from a 4-Year college/university.
• Applicant must submit three (3) letters of recommendation.
• Applicant must submit a current photograph.
• Application must be postmarked by April 1, 2017 in order to be considered.